FLINT, MI – A legal self-help center will soon be available to assist people on a walk-in basis in Genesee County Circuit Court, the county announced this week.
YWCA Greater Flint and Legal Services of Eastern Michigan will soon be placing staff in the courthouse to assist with some services. The move was made possible through a $100,000 grant given to the county by the State Court Administrative Office Legal Self-Help Center Grant Program, Genesee County Circuit Court Administrator Barbara A. Menear said in a news release.
The YWCA will be available for consultation on domestic violence issues beginning on Monday, May 22. Those seeking a personal protection order where domestic violence information and services may be appropriate will be advised of the on-site option, according to the release.
YWCA staff will be at the courthouse from 9 am to noon on Mondays and from 12-4 pm on Wednesdays.
Legal Services of Eastern Michigan will also be on site in the courthouse law library from 10 am to 3 pm on Mondays, according to the county’s news release.
The staff there will also be able to assist people on a walk-in basis on questions pertaining to non-criminal matters. Income eligibility screening will be required for those services.
“The ability to have the YWCA and Legal Services on site will permit those agencies to make appropriate referrals to each other and to other community resources,” the county wrote in the news release.
Read more at The Flint Journal:
Flint woman arranged after shooting in school parking lot
Bloody prints found at Davison Township homicide scene match suspect, MSP scientist says
Jury convicts 2 in Flint woman’s 2011 homicide
- Short-term rental legal battle continues in Oro-Medente
- Oklahoma spent millions on a legal and PR campaign to paint reservations as 'lawless dystopias' and convince the Supreme Court to weaken tribal sovereignty,
- South Africa Seeks Legal Advice on $24 Billion Eskom Debt Burden
- European chief Pelley fires back at threat of legal action
- Amber Heard's legal team campaigning to have verdict of defamation trial thrown out