Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands, Tennessee’s largest nonprofit law firm, announced today the opening of its relocated Columbia office at 1503 Hatcher Lane, Suite 105.
The Columbia office’s attorneys and legal services will continue unchanged in the new location, though additional staff may be joining in the near future. Previously, the office had been located at 1121 Trotwood Ave., Ste. 4.
“The Legal Aid Society is proud to have been a part of the Columbia community for more than 40 years,” said Patricia Jones, lead attorney of the Columbia office. “In this new location, which is just a short drive away from our old offices, we will continue to provide needed free legal services to low-income residents of Columbia and the surrounding area.”
Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands advocates for fairness and justice under the law. The nonprofit law firm offers free civil legal representation and educational programs to help people in its region receive justice, protect their well-being and support opportunities to overcome poverty. It serves 48 counties from offices in Clarksville, Columbia, Cookeville, Gallatin, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Oak Ridge and Tullahoma. The Legal Aid Society is funded in part by the United Way. Learn more at www.las.org or by following the firm on Facebook.
This article originally appeared on The Daily Herald: Legal Aid of Middle TN relocates office to Hatcher Lane in Columbia
- Short-term rental legal battle continues in Oro-Medente
- Courts backlog worsens as junior barristers quit over pay
- Oklahoma spent millions on a legal and PR campaign to paint reservations as 'lawless dystopias' and convince the Supreme Court to weaken tribal sovereignty,
- South Africa Seeks Legal Advice on $24 Billion Eskom Debt Burden
- European chief Pelley fires back at threat of legal action